Strides Toronto offers employment primarily in the fields of child and youth work, social work, speech and language and applied behaviour therapy. Job opportunities are also available in administrative support positions.
Our Centre is committed to serve the diverse population of Toronto and encourages employment applicants from the full diversity of the community. A second language is an asset and in some positions is required. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes are maintained on file for six months.
How to apply to Strides Toronto
Please click on Current Opportunities and use our application portal to share your resume and covering letter with us. If you have additional questions, please contact:
Human Resources, Strides Toronto
325 Milner Avenue, Suite 110
Canada, M1B 5N1
We offer several student placements based on your interests and skills and the time commitment required. These include field placements and observational opportunities in a number of disciplines such as child and youth work, social work, psychology, speech and language and behaviour therapy. Specific prerequisites may exist to be placed in certain settings or programs. Strides Toronto has placement agreements with specific schools, which receive priority with regard to student placements. Due to high demand, we ask students to work with their university or college program supervisor to submit their resume. Application dates vary according to school and program timeframes. Some programs will give consideration to students from other schools and disciplines such as nursing, business administration, public relations and fundraising based on program suitability.
Clinical and service experience including observation and supervised practice in one or several of the following:
- Behaviour Management;
- Community Support Services;
- Day Treatment;
- Family Counselling;
- Group Work;
- Intensive Behaviour Intervention;
- Intake Work;
- Residential Treatment;
- School-based Services;
- Agency orientation;
- Clinical consultation forums;
- Group, team or one-on-one supervision;
- Access to: audio-video taping; one-way mirror observation and supervision; internet resources; staff library; staff development.
Applying for Family Treatment Services Placement:
- participation in selected assignments, including a variety of Intake functions;
- participation in parent consultations;
- supervised work with at least one family during the placement period;
- participation in group training and supervised activities (as per supervisor’s discretion);
- may co-lead a children’s group during the placement period;
- may co-lead a parent education group during the placement period;
- some evening availability required.
Applying for Day Treatment or Residence Services Placement:
- participation in milieu programming;
- primary work with at least one child;
- participation in individual and team supervision;
- may co-lead a children’s group;
- hours of work may vary, i.e. day treatment may include some late day meetings and residence involves shifts during days and evenings.
Applying for Community Support Services Placement
- Opportunities may include:
- working in the community with children and families in a variety of settings, e.g. family shelters, community centres, family resource centres, etc.;
- participation in group work;
- participation in presenting workshops;
- consultation to child care or other community settings;
- participation in group or individual supervision;
- some evening availability required.
Applying for Autism Services Placement:
- observation and direct service working with children who have autism;
- opportunity to learn how to deliver behavioural intervention in a centre-based setting;
- participation in team meetings;
- hours of work may vary.
How to apply for a Student Placement
For prerequisites by discipline, i.e. minimum training and prior experience, please contact Strides Toronto’s student coordinator, then submit your curriculum vitae/resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Strides Toronto we welcome the contributions of volunteers to develop civic responsibility, to provide leadership and governance tour agency and to enhance our service to children, youth and families.
How to apply to volunteer
If you are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities at Strides Toronto, email our volunteer coordinator at email@example.com.
If you are selected for a volunteer position, we will further require:
- a vulnerable sector screen (cannot be older than six months from start date)
- contact information for two former/current supervisors