Youth In Transition Workers aim to meet youth where it is more convenient for them, in the community, at coffee shops, libraries or at the office. Some resources and supports offered to youth may include:
- Housing and or educational supports
- Employment and services training
- Life skills (e.g. financial management and household management)
- Legal services and psychoeducation
- Health and mental health services
- Access to Trauma Therapy and Human Trafficking Peer Support Group
- Snacks and TTC fare for case management needs
- Access to Strides Food Mart available upon sign up
In addition to the above supports, Strides YIT workers provide targeted/focused assistance in the following areas:
- Mental Health and Addictions YIT
- Bilingual (French speaking) YIT connects youth with Francophone resources within their communities.
- Anti-Human Trafficking YIT provides individualized case management to youth at risk of sexual exploitation and Human Trafficking.
The length of work with youth varies based on their long-term and short-term goals. Once youth provide consent, referrals can be emailed directly to our team:YIT@Stridestoronto.ca.