Program focus: Anti-Human Trafficking, Bilingual Services (French), Case Management, Child Welfare, Employment, Housing, Legal, LGBT, Mental Health, School, Sex Work, Sexual Relationships, Skill Development, Substance Abuse, Trauma, Work more…
Youth In Transition Workers aim to meet youth where it is more convenient for them, in the community, at coffee shops, libraries or at the office. Some resources and supports offered to youth may include:
- Housing and or educational supports
- Employment and services training
- Life skills (e.g., financial management and household management)
- Legal services and psychoeducation
- Health and mental health services
- Access to Trauma Therapy and Human Trafficking Peer Support Group
- Snacks and TTC fare for case management needs
- Access to Strides Food Mart available upon sign up
In addition to the above supports, Strides YIT workers provide targeted/focused assistance in the following areas:
- Mental Health and Addictions YIT
- Bilingual (French speaking) YIT connects youth with Francophone resources within their communities.
- Anti-Human Trafficking YIT provides individualized case management to youth at risk of sexual exploitation and Human Trafficking.
The length of work with youth varies based on their long-term and short-term goals. Once youth provide consent, referrals can be emailed directly to our team: YIT@Stridestoronto.ca.
Youth aged 16 – 24 years and is:
- in Extended Society Care or
- in a formal Customary Care arrangement immediately prior to the youth’s 18th birthday or
- eligible for support under Continued Care and Support for Youth (CCSY) or
- accessing Ready, Set, Go (RSG) funding
Get in touch with Strides Toronto Youth In Transition (YIT) workers on Instagram:
Program focus: Autism, Developmental Disability, Skill Development, Socializing
Adults Achieving Independence through Motivation and Skill (AAIMS) is a full day program that supports adults with an autism spectrum disorder and/or developmental disabilities.
AAIMS focuses on the development of skills that will enhance quality of life, working towards independence. Knowledgeable, caring, creative and qualified staff support these adults in the areas of life skills, literacy, socialization, peer networking, volunteerism, and creating opportunities for their inclusion in the community.
AAIMS operates Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 3 PM at the cost of $60.00/day. There is an option of extended hours at an additional cost. AAIMS runs out of our Galloway Centre, this site offers a home like environment with the modern technologies to support learning and personal development.
- Call the program at 416-724-7444
- Set up an intake appointment to discuss the program, its cost structure, suitability and interest
- Complete required paperwork *support to complete can be provided