- WHO Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Pandemic (World) (Available in multiple languages)
- The 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) (Ontario) (English/French)
- Health Canada COVID-19 Updates
- Public Health Ontario COVID-19 Resources
- CHMO COVID-19 Resources
- Ministry of Health COVID- 19 Guidance for the Health Sector
- 211 Central COVID-19 Information Updates
- Public Health Agency of Canada
The most up-to-date and reliable information on the COVID-19 situation in Canada.
- Toronto Public Health
The most up-to-date and reliable information on the COVID-19 situation in Toronto.
- Toronto Public Health
COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- COVID-19 Self-Assessment
Online self-assessment if you think you were exposed to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) or have symptoms.
For Parents and Caregivers
- COVID-19: Supporting a discussion with children and youth – A list of resources
- Talking to your Anxious Child about COVID-19 – Tips for Parents and Caregivers
- How to talk to your child about coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): What parents should know
- How teenagers can protect their mental health during coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public: Myth busters
- Tout le monde peut contribuer
(French, multiple languages)
- On- Demand Webinar: Mental Health and Resilience During COVID-19
- Quarantine Family Tool Kit
- Ontario Ministry of Education Financial Support for Families Program
- Bringing the outside world to the world’s children, #ReadtheWorld initiative
- Ministry of Education
Financial support for parents to assist with the costs of educational resources during school and child care closures
- Ministry of Children, Community, and Social Services
Temporary changes to eligible services with Special Services at Home Funding
- Ontario Autism Program
Latest updates on the Ontario Autism Program (information regarding service disruption due to COVID-19, interim one-time funding, and childhood budgets).
- Ontario Disability Support Program
Latest updates on additional resources and supports available to those currently receiving ODSP.
- Autism Ontario
Autism Ontario general support during COVID-19
- Virtual Walk-In Clinic
Receive medical advice and prescriptions through an online medical clinic.
- Back to School Mental Health Kit
- Social Story About Missing My Friends
This social story is brief and explains how kids can communicate with their friends during COVID-19
- Social Story – What is Coronavirus?
Simple story explaining what the coronavirus is, how to protect themselves and others, and what to do to prevent the virus
- Free Printable AAC Cards
Create and print your own PECS pictures for free!
- First – Then App
Interactive First-Then App to download
- Visual Schedule
Interactive Visual Schedule
- Games to Help your Child with Autism Communicate
In the video, the SLP provides games that parents can play with their children. It provides examples of games depending on the child’s sensory needs.
- Ontario Ministry of Education
Supplementary resources for elementary and secondary students to practice math, literacy and learning at home.
Interactive educational games, movies, books, and songs specializing in reading, phonics & math.
- Raz Kids
Learn to read online with with interactive ebooks, downloadable books, and reading quizzes.
- Audible (Amazon Company)
Listen to stories online.
- Adapted Math
A website with math problems and explanations for grades 1-6.
- Splash Learn
For grades K-5, interactive math games and rewards that can motivate your child to learn.
- Fun Brain
Educational math games for grades 1-8.
- Khan Academy
Free award winning STEM, coding and learning activities.
- Mad Science – At Home Experiments
Videos and PDFs of science experiments you can do at home.
- Handwriting Heroes
Research-based, explicit, systematic and multi-sensory method to teach handwriting.
- Carnegie STEM Projects for Girls
Instructions for making marshmallow rockets, exploding foam, hovercrafts, bath bombs, and more.
- Germ Smart- Wash Your Hands
This is an animated song for kids to understand germs and the importance of handwashing and cleaning surfaces to keep germs away
- Explaining Coronavirus to Kids
This is a short video that will help parents explain what the coronavirus is, who may be getting sick, symptoms
- The Coronavirus Explained to Children
This is a short social story video presented in a child’s voice what the coronavirus is, how it spreads, why schools are closed and the importance of staying home
- Interactive Self-Regulation Games
Includes 5 games to teach young learners self-regulation
- Virtual Museums and Art Gallery Tours
Links to museums and art galleries from all over the world.
- Canada’s Wonderland Virtual Rollercoasters
Ride rollercoasters virtually from your own home. Choose from Roller Coaster Point of View’s (POV), Thrill POV’s, or Family Ride POV’s.
- Ripley’s Aquarium
Live events online, activities, and downloadable educational materials to do at home.
- Practice keyboard skills!
Games to practice keyboard skills and typing.
- Sploder – Free Video Game creator
Introduction to game design for kids. Targets creativity, problem-solving and storytelling skills:
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
Yoga, mindfullness and relaxation for kids. Interactive adventures which build strength, balance, and confidence.
- Go Noodle
Active and engaging movement videos for kids to follow.
- Be Fit for Life
Active games and activity Ideas for the whole family to do together.
- PE with Joe
Daily 30-minute workout videos for kids (pre-k to grade 8).
- The Learning Station
Songs with movement and actions.
- Indoor Gross Motor Activities
87 indoor gross motor games and activities to burn energy.
- Obstacle Course
Build an indoor obstacle course in 7 easy steps!
- Make your own Playdough
No cook recipe and easy instructions!
- Make your own Slime
Recipes and instructions to make your own slime.
- Homemade Bubbles
Recipe and instructions to make your own bubbles.
- Bubble Painting
Have some paint and soap lying around in the house? Mix these two items along with a straw and have your child create a beautiful masterpiece with bubble paint!
- 31 Days of Sensory Activities
31 days of sensory activities that target the five senses (see, hear, smell, touch, taste).
- My Bored Toddler
Activities, games, printables and ideas for toddlers and early learners.
- Easy Peasy and Fun Spring Crafts
Fun spring arts and crafts with printable documents and picture instructions.
- Kids Craft Gallery
Step-by-step instructions on how to create the crafts along with free, downloadable printable templates.
- Rock Painting
Need to get outside? Find some rocks in your backyard or neighbourhood and then turn them into Rock Monsters. All you need is rocks and some paint.
For Mental Health Professionals
- Leading through and beyond COVID-19 – Seven-part learning series
- COVID-19 and Stress Response Video
- Ontario Emergency status on COVID-19 – Closure of Non-Essential Workplaces
- Public Health Management of Cases and Contacts of COVID-19 in Ontario
- E-Mental Health Service Practice Guidelines
- E-Mental Health Service Sample Policies/Procedure
- Letter from Children’s Aid Society of Toronto (Operations during COVID-19 Pandemic)
- E- Mental Health Policies, Procedures and Guidance: Examples from Ontario Agencies
- e-Mental Health Services for Children and Youth Resources on Practice Guidelines
- Virtual Community Mental Health and Addiction Services (Adult, Child and Youth) Interim Guidelines to Community Mental Health Agencies March 31, 2020 (Ontario)
- COVID- 19 Toronto Region Community Provider Resource Document
E-Mental Health Training and Best Practice
- Ontario Telehealth Network Hub – Best Practices
- Ontario Telehealth Network Hub – eVisit (Personal Teleconferencing)
- COVID-19 Virtual Health Toolkit
- Virtual Care Resources
- A Research-based Curriculum Framework for Telephone and e-counselling: Telephone and E-Counselling Training Curriculum
- Toolkit for e-Mental Health Implementation
- Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT) and COVID-19 (video)
- Virtual Care and the 2019 Novel Coronavirus [COVID- 19]